Miter saws are versatile power tools that can perform a range of cuts in different materials.
They’re pretty capable tools on their own, but sometimes a miter saw stand is needed, like when miter or bevel cuts have to be made in a larger, heavier piece of wood.
In this post, I’ll uncover the best miter saw stand you can buy so you can make accurate cuts. Let’s dig in!
In a hurry? The DEWALT Miter Saw Stand is the superior miter saw stand because it’s sturdy, versatile product that’s easy to use and much cheaper than other high-quality folding miter saw stands.
Quick Answer: Here are the Best Miter Saw Stands! 👇
Jump to Section
Best Miter Saw Stands
- #1 Best Overall – DEWALT Miter Saw Stand
- Highest Quality – BOSCH Miter Saw Stand
- Best Value – TOMAX Miter Saw Stand
- Most Portable – DEWALT Portable Miter Saw Stand with Wheels
- Most Heavy-Duty – Bora Folding Miter Saw Power Tool Stand with Wheels
1. DEWALT Miter Saw Stand – #1 Best Overall
- Universal design of DEWALT miter saw stand works with all brands of miter saws
- Lightweight aluminum construction (29 lbs.) of DEWALT miter saw stand allows for easy transport to and from…
- 5-1/2 ft. beam extends to support up to 16 ft. of material and up to 500 lbs.
The DEWALT Miter Saw Stand is a heavy-duty folding miter saw stand that’s versatile, surprisingly lightweight, and easy to transport, and it’s cheaper than other brand name miter saw stands of similar quality.
150” wide and 32” tall when fully extended, this 35-pound miter saw stand’s max support is 16′, 500 lbs.
It can accommodate virtually any miter saw thanks to its universal quick-release mounting brackets, and a miter saw can be set up at any point on the rail which is super convenient.
You can even have two saws on this miter saw stand at once.
There are lock levers to fix the extendable section and folding legs in place, and when folded this stand is 73” wide and 6” tall.
The stand’s feet are anti-scuff, so you can use it on a hardwood floor.
Lastly, this miter saw stand comes with a pretty attractive three-year limited warranty, as well as a one-year service contract.
What I Liked:
- This stand is easy to transport because it’s lightweight and compact when folded.
- Locking mechanisms at several key points ensure stability and impact resistance.
- Its reinforced aluminum structure can support heavier materials without wearing.
- Since two miter saws can be attached it’s possible to make many cuts faster.
What I Didn’t Like:
- It’d be nice if the extension went out further.
- The effectiveness of this stand will be greatly diminished if the brackets wear down.
2. BOSCH Miter Saw Stand – Highest Quality
- ADJUSTABLE: Featuring a Bosch-exclusive, patented Gravity Rise System designed for rapid set up and easy…
- CAPACITY: The Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise Miter saw stand has up to 18 feet of material capacity, the highest…
- PORTABLE: Built with 8-Inch pneumatic wheels for ease of transport over jobsite terrain with even the heaviest…
Many people swear by the BOSCH Miter Saw Stand because it’s a durable, easy-to-use, portable, and highly effective saw that boasts a simple yet proven allow-steel structure – and I found this to be true!
This miter saw stand offers up to 12” of material support, and its adjustable out-feed can reach 12” upward when fully extended.
And like other miter saw stands, it has a universal mounting system so it can accommodate the vast majority of name brand miter saws.
It has adjustable telescoping-leveling legs to ensure stability on uneven surfaces, and its adjustable leveling feet will keep it in place no matter the intensity of the cutting task.
An extremely portable miter saw stand, it has eight-inch pneumatic rubber wheels that can easily traverse smooth and rough surfaces, and they also play a big roll in keeping the stand stable.
And thanks to Bosch’s patented Gravity Rise System, this miter saw stand can be set up and taken down in no time.
What I Liked:
- The wheels spin smoothly and help keep the stand upright
- The absence of bells and whistles makes using this stand much easier
- Mounting rails slide easily so adjustments can be made quicker
- Frame will keep its shape even after many heavy-duty cutting tasks
What I Didn’t Like:
- High price puts it out of budget range for some hobbyists and DIYers
- Doesn’t have as much capacity as other miter saw stands
3. TOMAX Miter Saw Stand – Best Value
- Saw stand can hold up to 330 lbs, ideal for most saws.
- Very stable and not easy to fall over. Anti-slip leg’s pad makes extra stability and support to protect…
- Lightweight, only 22lbs, Quick-Fold Design and for Easy Storage and Portability
An affordable yet totally capable miter saw stand, the TOMAX Miter Saw Stand is a great buy for hobbyists and DIYers who want a durable, easy-to-use system that’s neither budget-busting nor inconsistent.
This miter saw stand’s max material support is 6.4’, 330 lbs. Fully extended, it’s 76.8” long, and 37” when the extension isn’t out.
Thanks to a universal mounting system, this budget miter saw stand can accommodate virtually all name brand miter saws.
Its legs are solid and they have to be fasted to the main support beam. At the bottom, the legs are padded to ensure they don’t slip when the stand is being used.
This stand is 25.2” wide from leg to leg, and it weighs just 21.6 lbs.
This miter saw stand comes with 4 adjustment knobs, 2 work supports, 2 mountains brackets, 4 mounting screws, a user manual for easy setup.
What I Liked:
- Simple design means this saw is easy to set up, take down, and use
- Decent weight capacity ensures it can support heavier, denser, and larger materials
- Easy to transport since it’s lightweight and relatively compact
- Anti-scuff pads ensure stability and keep floor protected
What I Didn’t Like:
- It’d be nice if this saw stand had more material support capacity (lengthwise)
- Fastening and unfastening the leg screws can be tedious
4. DEWALT Portable Miter Saw Stand with Wheels – Most Portable Stand
- Easily adjustable mounting rails of DEWALT miter saw stand adapt to nearly any miter saw
- Miter saw stand with wheels featuring wide rubber grip provide easy jobsite mobility
- The rolling miter saw stand features three-position pneumatic assisted raising and lowering for the ultimate in flexibility and…
The DEWALT Portable Miter Saw Stand with Wheels is a highly portable miter saw stand that’s designed to be sturdy and reliable for many years.
Made of high-speed steel and weighing 67 lbs, this miter saw’s height can be extended 32-1/2”, and it can hold materials up to 300 lbs.
Its three-position height-extended is pneumatic-assisted, so it doesn’t take much effort to adjust.
It has wide rubber wheels that make it easy to move, and like other stands it has a universal mounting system so it can accommodate virtually all name brand miter saws.
Lastly, this saw can be folded up and stored vertically, something that can’t be done with the majority of miter saw stands which is great if you’re working in a small shop.
What I Liked:
- Get to work faster since you don’t have to fasten any attachments beforehand
- Since it folds up vertically it takes up very little storage space
- High-speed steel frame will keep even the heaviest materials secure midst cutting
- Stand is highly transportable thanks to simple yet high-quality rubber wheels
What I Didn’t Like:
- Engaging the extenders can be complicated when you’re getting the hang of this stand
- Doesn’t have substantial lengthwise material support capacity
5. Bora Folding Miter Saw Power Tool Stand with Wheels – Most Heavy-Duty
- Our ultimate portable miter saw work station – heavy duty construction and an array of features both…
- Lumber storage supports on front legs
- Fast and easy to fold, transport, and store
If you’re going to be cutting heavier, denser materials regularly, consider the Bora Folding Miter Saw Power Tool Stand with Wheels, as it’s designed for heavy-duty materials, yet it’s easy to use, store, and transport.
Made of powder-coated, rust-resistant tubular steel and aluminum, this stand’s max material support capacity is 16’, 500 lbs.
Another miter saw stand with adjustable height, its max height is 33”, so it’s ideal for taller individuals.
And unlike other miter saw stands, this one has a lumber-storage support feature on the front leg, so you can your next workpiece ready to go as you work on the current one – which comes in super handy.
It has a four-outlet 100v power strip, and it’s more mobile thanks to 8” durable rubber wheels. The wheels fold in when not in use so they don’t get in the way.
Of course, it can accommodate most miter saws, and when fully extended it’s possible to use two miters at once.
Lastly, it comes with a one-year limited warranty to back its quality.
What I Liked:
- Has a power strip built in so you can connect the miter saw directly to it
- It has rubber feet so you don’t have to worry about it scuffing the floor
- Measuring scale on the extender helps with achieving more precise cuts
What I Didn’t Like:
- Hefty price makes this an unrealistic purchase for those who don’t use miter saws often
- You’ll need a fair bit of practice before you can use its special components seamlessly
6. Workess Lightweight Universal Miter Saw Stand – Lightest Weight
- Extension length from 940 mm (37 in) to 1950 mm (76.7 in)
- Universal design works with most sizes of miter saws
- Compact and easy to fold for convenient transportation
Looking for an affordable miter saw stand that gets the job done? This Workess lightweight universal miter saw stand is a great pick.
While the quality is not quite as good as the TOMAX stand, it’s still a pretty quality stand considering the price.
The extensions are easy to adjust and provide up to 76.7″ of length. It’s compact, easy to transport, and has quick release mounting brackets that make it easy to mount and release your miter saw.
What I Liked:
- Simple to setup and take down
- Universal stand works for almost any miter saw
- Great value for the price
What I Didn’t Like:
- Can only hold up to 330 pounds so might not work for larger miter saws
What to Consider When Buying a Miter Saw Stand
Material support capacity is one of the most important factors you should consider before purchasing a miter saw stand. After all, the whole reason why you’re using a stand is for the extra support!
For one, the stand should be able to accommodate hundreds of pounds of material weight, and it shouldn’t have a problem supporting workpieces that are several feet long. Basically, any miter saw stand that can support 300-500 lbs and 12’-16’ is a high-quality stand worth considering.
Lastly, heavy-duty folding miter saw stand can have just as much material support capacity as a rolling miter saw stand, and products made of tubular steel tend to have the most length and weight capacity.
If your work requires you to go from job site to job site, you’re going to need a portable stand. You can go with either a rolling miter stand or a folding stand, and your preferences will largely determine which stand is best for you.
Rolling stands may seem more portable at first, but this isn’t always the case.
For example, a stand that folds into itself so it’s compact and easy to carry may be more portable than a heavier, wider stand on wheels.
That said, if you want portability and durability, going with a stand that has wide rubber-grip wheels is a good move, since these can support the added weight—all you have to do is push!
Wondering how to use a miter saw stand? Check out the video below!
A miter saw stand needs to be stable, otherwise what’s the point of using one? A stand’s stability comes mostly from its legs, but other components help it stay stable while it’s being used.
A heavy-duty stand—that is, one that can accommodate large, heavy workpieces—is going to be more stable than one with a much lower maximum weight capacity.
(The debate between solid and foldable legs is also relevant here, but this will be addressed in a later section.)
The bottom line is this: If a miter stand is what you’re after, choose one that can easily support long workpieces.
Durability is another factor that shouldn’t be overlooked when you’re looking for the best miter saw stand.
A durable stand will have a greater weight capacity, and it’ll resist the wear and tear caused by frequent heavy-duty cutting tasks.
Generally speaking, a solid stand, i.e. a stand that’s one solid piece, is going to be more durable than one that’s comprised of many pieces, but this isn’t always the case, of course.
Similarly, DeWalt miter saw stands tend to be stronger.
The price of a miter saw stand is important to consider as well, of course.
At the low end, you’ll find decent miter stands that cost around $100, usually less. Mid-tier systems can be anywhere from $200-$300, while top-tier models are usually $350-$450.
If you don’t need to make elaborate miter cuts, bevel cuts, or crosscuts in large workpieces routinely, then you should avoid dropping hundreds on a high-end model and instead go with the best budget miter stand, as these generally serve hobbyists and DIYers well.
A miter saw stand’s price is largely a result of its components and the work that was required to make it. Additionally, stands that include features like support arms or quick-release tool mounts are going to cost more than basic models.
But always remember: Just because a stand is elaborate and expensive doesn’t mean it’s automatically better.
Most miter saw stands come with a multi-year limited warranty.
If you’re going to get a top-of-the-line stand that’s several hundred dollars, you should make sure it’s backed by a decent warranty.
Warranties tend to cover defects related to workmanship and materials—that’s it. In other words, if your stand breaks down because of normal wear and tear, you won’t be able to get repairs or a replacement under the warranty.
Additionally, several actions can void the warranty, and therefore these should be avoided.
For one, if you try to repair the system on your own, you’ll void the warranty; the same is true if you bring it to a third-party repair shop.
If your miter saw stand breaks down, and it’s still under warranty, contact the manufacturer and they’ll tell you which licensed dealer to bring it to.
If they can’t repair the stand, they’ll send you a new one free of charge.
Assembly & Disassembly
The stand should be easy to set up and take down, whether it’s a rolling miter stand or one with folding legs.
That said, if the stand folds into itself, this is more convenient, since no extra components are needed for assembly or disassembly.
It shouldn’t take longer than a couple minutes to set up the entire stand; the same goes for disassembling it.
Some stands have components that make them easier to set up, like those stands that are equipped with rapid-release tool mounts.
Most miter saw stands have a universal locking system so they can accommodate virtually all brand name miter saws.
And some even have mounting systems that can accommodate multiple saws on the same rail.
The effectiveness of a stand’s mounting system will play a role in determining whether or not you achieve precise cuts.
Lastly, the mounts are usually the first thing to wear down on these stands because they’re involved in every single cutting task and they tend to be not as strong as the main structure.
Wheeled Stands vs Legged Stands
The most attractive thing about wheeled stands is they’re easy to move around, but on some models the wheels can actually get in the way.
Therefore, if you want a wheeled miter saw stand, it’s best to go with the Bora Folding Miter Saw Power Tool Stand with Wheels, since its wheels fold in when not in use.
Solid Legs vs Foldable Legs
In most cases, a quality miter saw stand with solid legs is going to be a bit sturdier than one where the legs fold, and that’s simply because solid legs are less prone to buckling.
The DeWalt Miter Saw Stand is the best miter saw stand overall because it’s a reliable, versatile, supportive folding stand that’s easy to set up, take down, and use, and it’s cheaper than competing products of similar quality. Plus, it’s got that durability DeWalt power tools are famous for.
The BOSCH Miter Saw Stand is a simple, lightweight stand that’ll perform well over numerous years, as its built for the job site and won’t wear down despite many heavy-duty cutting tasks. It’s one of the best miter saw stands in terms of overall quality, and it’s my preferred choice.
Finally there’s the TOMAX Miter Saw Stand, a budget miter stand that’s totally capable of delivering top-notch results over the long-term. A simple, well-designed product, it’s preferred by hobbyists and DIYers.