Miter saws are sine if the easiest and most versatile saws you can own. Whether you’re a beginner woodworker, or you’ve mastered all of the techniques out there – owning a miter saw is a no brainer.
But finding the best miter saw for your needs can be a serious challenge!
Well, that’s exactly why I put this list together—so you can find the best 10-inch miter saw for your next woodworking project! There’s a lot to cover, so let’s jump right in!
In a hurry? The DeWalt 10″ Miter Saw is the best miter saw because it’s built-to-last and incredibly accurate, no matter what kind of cut it’s making. Plus, it’s affordable and accessible to both professionals and DIYers.
Quick Answer: Here are My Favorite Miter Saws! 👇
Jump to Section
Best 10 Inch Miter Saws
- #1 Best Overall – DeWalt 10″ Miter Saw
- Best Quality – Makita 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Best Value – Genesis 15 Amp 10″ Miter Saw
- Best Cordless Miter Saw – BOSCH 18V Cordless 10″ Miter Saw
- Best Cutting Capacity – SKIL 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
1. DeWalt 10″ Miter Saw – #1 Best Overall
- Stainless-steel miter detent plate of the 10-inch miter saw blade comes with 14 positive stops
- The mitre saw has a precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Tall sliding fence of DEWALT miter saw supports 4-1/4-inch base vertically
Without a doubt, the DeWalt 10″ Miter Saw is the superior 10” miter saw, as it’s well-built, precise, safe, reliable, easy to use and maintain, and more affordable when stacked up against comparable competitors.
This miter saw is ideal for cutting dimensional lumber, hardwood flooring, baseboards, moldings, window and door casings, and cabinets.
Thanks to a powerful 15 AMP motor, its blade is capable of making up to 5,000 RPM, and the first time I used this saw I was very impressed by how quickly it accelerated—took mere seconds to reach max speed.
Weighing just 31 lbs, it has 14 positive stops, and it can bevel 1°-48° to the left; 1°-3° to the right.
As far as crosscut capacity goes, it can cut up to 2” x 6” dimensional lumber at 90°, and up to 2” x 4” dimensional lumber at 45°.
And since it has tall, sliding fences, it accommodates base molding up to 3-1/2”, and nested crown molding up to 4-1/2”.
Its miter detent plate and base are made of stainless steel, and there’s a turn-knob lock to ensure the saw doesn’t move while you’re cutting.
And when you purchase this product, you get a 10” carbide-tipped blade, a wrench, a dust bag, and a vertical clamp—all the components you’ll need to get cutting right away.
Finally, it’s backed by a three-year limited warranty and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee, and you get one free year of service. Talk about after-purchase coverage!
What I Liked
- Since there are mounting holes, I can fix it to my workbench for 100% stability.
- It’s easy to pull down and release because it has a wide, easy-to-grip handle.
- The blade guard and automatic shutoff ensure this tool isn’t just efficient but safe too.
- Since its main components are machined, everything turns, slides, adjusts, and locks smoothly.
What I Didn’t Like
- The hold clamp can be too tight on certain materials.
- The blade is slightly harder to control at higher speeds.
2. Makita 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw – Best Quality
- 10″ slide miter saw with the Crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8″ nested) of a 12″ miter saw
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver “dead-on” accurate cuts
- Innovative direct drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (5-1/4″)
Need a 10” miter saw with 12” miter saw capabilities? Look no further than the Makita 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw, as it’s incredibly precise, versatile, well-equipped, and able to handle larger workpieces.
This miter saw is 31-3/4″ x 25-3/8″ x 26”, and it weighs nearly 58 lbs.
Its 15-AMP, soft-start direct-drive motor can spin its blade 3,200 times in a minute, and it starts slowly to ensure the motor runs well for many years. Love that!
It can turn 1°-60° left and right, and there are positive stops (on both sides) at 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60°; there’s a positive stop at 0° too, of course.
There’s a dual-bevel scale, and it can bevel 0° to 48° left and right. Plus, there’s a convenient bevel lock at the front.
As far as notable features go, this miter saw has a handful.
First, we have the 4-3/4″ tall fence. Because of this, the saw can cut nested crown molding up to 6-5/8”, and base molding up to 5-1/4”. Spectacular!
There’s also a unique, two-rail sliding system, and this ensures the saw is compact and operable against a wall.
And how could I not mention the laser? It’ll help you make precise cuts every time, and it works whether the blade is spinning or not.
Dust management? Well, this miter saw has two dust ports, so it can accommodate multiple hose sizes.
Its base is aluminum, but the removable miter scale is made of stainless steel.
For safety, it has a see-through blade guard and an electric brake, and the trigger is oversized so it’s easy to operate.
What does it come with? You’ll get the following when you purchase this product:
- 10″ x 5/8″ 60T Micro-polished miter saw blade
- Vertical clamp
- Hex wrench
- Triangular ruler
- Dust bag
Finally, it comes with a one-year limited warranty, and this covers defects related to materials, as well as those due to workmanship.
What I Liked:
- It has more capacity than most 10” miter saws, so it’s ideal for larger woodworking projects.
- Efficient dust removal system ensures dust doesn’t harm the tool or the operator.
- It’s on the heavier side, so it’s stabler when cutting large workpieces.
- Its slow-start motor reduces drag, so it’ll stay powerful for a long time.
What I Didn’t Like:
- Its aluminum base is prone to impact damage.
- Base is a little wider than I’d like.
3. Genesis 15 Amp 10″ Miter Saw – Best Value
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left | perform compound Miter cuts with ease!
- Use compound cutting for crown molding, shadow boxes, Picture frames, and more | the Genesis compound Miter…
- Laser cutting guide for quicker alignment and improved accuracy | Know where the cut will be ahead of time…
I love when I can get high-quality tools at a low price, and that’s exactly what I get from the Genesis 15 Amp 10″ Miter Saw, as it’s well-designed, capable, reliable, and much cheaper than other top-tier systems.
Another 10-inch miter saw with a 15 AMP motor, this one can spin its blade up to 4,500 times in a minute, and it can make miter cuts up to 45° left and right; bevel cuts up to 45° (left).
Like the model discussed before, it has an die-cast aluminum base, but this one has nine positive stops at common angles.
It weighs just 24 lbs, which is good news for me because I love quality tools that are portable as well.
As far as cutting capacity goes, it can make cuts:
- Up to 3″ x 4-3/4” at 0° x 90°, and 1-3/8″ x 4-3/4″ at 0° x 45°.
- Up to 3″ x 3-5/16″ at 45° x 90°, and 1-3/8″ x 3-5/16″ at 45° x 45°.
There’s a battery-powered laser to ensure precise cuts are easy to make, and it has a spindle lock so blade changes are quick and simple.
And, of course, there’s a blade guard and an electric brake, and I definitely like how fast-acting the blade is.
When you purchase this 10-inch miter saw, you get:
- A 60T carbide-tipped blade (installed)
- A hold-down clamp
- A dust bag
- Two extension wings
- A blade wrench
- Two AAA batteries for the laser
And since Genesis backs all their power tools with a 2-year limited warranty, you’ll have more peace of mind when you’re first starting out on it.
What I Liked:
- Its low price and excellent quality make this the perfect miter saw for budget DIY projects.
- Its swing-arm moves up and down without interruption, so meeting the cut line is never hard.
- It’s compact and lightweight, so it’s great for contractors who visit multiple job sites each week.
- Changing out blades takes mere seconds thanks to its spindle lock.
What I Didn’t Like:
- It’s a single-bevel system, so it can’t tilt to the right.
- Laser may shine in your eye as you pull the blade down.
4. BOSCH 18V Cordless 10″ Miter Saw – Best Cordless Miter Saw
- PROFACTOR PERFORMANCE: For a truly mobile jobsite solution, this saw provides light weight and pro capacity
- LARGE CUTTING CAPACITY: Features a cut capacity of 3.5 in. depth and a 11-1/2 in. width/crosscut
- DUAL-BEVEL DESIGN: Allows for large compound cuts to either side of the workpiece
Don’t want to be restricted by a cord when using your miter saw? Then you need the BOSCH 18V Cordless 10″ Miter Saw, as it’s efficient, versatile, high-quality, and (most importantly) battery-powered!
Specifically, it runs on an 18V lithium-ion battery that’s 75% more powerful than other batteries, and with double the runtime.
It also has a high-performance, brushless motor and drive-train system, so it can spin a 10” blade 4,000+ times in a minute.
As far as dimensions go, it’s 37.5” long, 28.5” wide, and 25” tall. And it’s not the heaviest nor the lightest miter saw, weighing approximately 40 lbs.
I like that it has a substantial cutting depth (3.5”), and even more so I like that it can make 11-1/2” crosscuts.
It bevels 47° left and right, and there are stops at 33.9°, 45°, and 47°.
Miter angles? Well, it goes to 52° left and 60° right, and there are detents and positives stops on 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° (both left and right). There’s also a detent and stop at 60° on the right, and both can be found at 0° as well.
And its cutting capacity for molding is pretty attractive: up to 5-1/2” for base molding and 5-1/4” for crown molding.
I’m a big fan of the LED light because it ensures you can clearly see what you’re doing whenever you use this saw, and the spindle lock is one of the best I’ve seen.
Of course, there’s an electric brake and blade guard, and both components do what they’re supposed to.
Finally, this miter saw comes with a 10” carbide-tipped saw blade, an 18V lithium-ion battery, the charger, a tool-free workpiece clamp, a dust bag, and a blade wrench. Plus, it’s backed by a 180-day no-questions-asked return policy.
What I Liked:
- The bevel and miter scales are easy to read, so making precise cuts takes less time.
- Since there’s an LED light attached, you can operate this saw in dim spaces.
- The battery recharges quickly, so you spend more time cutting.
- The dust-collection system is straightforward, so removing and reattaching the bag are both simple.
What I Didn’t Like:
- No bumpers means it can’t be operated against a wall.
- It doesn’t have as many miter detents and positive stops as other miter saws.
5. SKIL 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw – Best Cutting Capacity
- POWERFUL 15 AMP MOTOR – Delivers 4,800 RPM for quick, detailed cuts
- DUAL BEVEL – Perform cuts in four positive stop positions at 48° & 45° left, 0°, and 45° right
- LED SHADOW LINE – Provides high precision cuts with greater accuracy than lasers
If you’re going to be cutting molding and thick boards all the time, choosing the SKIL 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is certainly a good move. After all, this 10-inch miter saw has substantial cutting capacity, and its adjustable components are reliable to ensure top-notch precision.
Of course, there’s a 15 AMP motor running the show, and it can generate 5,000 blade spins in a minute—now that’s impressive!
This miter saw goes 50° left and right, and there are nine detents and 11 positive stops at common angles.
Specifically, there are stops at 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° on the left, and 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° on the right. Of course, there’s a stop at 0° too.
For bevel stops, there’s one at 45° and another at 48° on the left, and one at 45° on the right. And again, there’s a stop at 0°.
Now, let’s get into this attractive capacity. Basically, it can make crosscuts in lumber up to 2” x 12” at 90°; up to 2” x 8” at 45°.
And for molding, its tall fence can handle base molding up to 4-1/2”, and nested crown molding up to 6-1/4”.
The handle makes it accessible to lefties and righties, and I agree that its LED shadow line is better than traditional lasers.
When you purchase this 10-inch miter saw, you get: a saw blade, left and right extension rods, a dust bag, a hex key, a clamp, and a three-year limited warranty that’s pretty generous.
What I Liked:
- Thanks to its substantial cutting capacity, you won’t need a 12-inch miter saw.
- The wide handle’s shape is convenient for both righties and lefties.
- It can generate up to 5,000 blade spins in a minute to achieve ultra-smooth and precise edges.
- Miter adjustments are easy to make because everything is clear and the locks are reliable.
What I Didn’t Like:
- The shadow line runs on batteries.
- Most of the components are dark-colored, which can make distinguishing components challenging.
What to Consider When Buying a Miter Saw
The best miter saws have substantial cutting capacity. That is, they can deliver all kinds of cuts in workpieces big and small.
For example, a dual-bevel miter saw has more cutting capacity than a single-bevel system. Similarly, a sliding miter saw has more cutting capacity than one that’s fixed in place.
Are you searching for a cordless miter saw? Check out some of the best cordless miter saws you can buy!
Ease of Use
If you want to make accurate cuts consistently, your miter saw has to be easy to use. After all, if you can’t operate it seamlessly, you won’t be able to do all the little things that lead to precision cutting.
So, look for a miter saw that’s simple yet effective—that’s the best combination!
The more positive stops a miter saw has, the more precise it’ll be. Also, the saw should have reliable locking mechanisms so the detent plate and arm stay in place after adjustments are made.
Miter saws that are equipped with powerful motors can spin their blades super-fast. And when a saw blade cuts at an ultra-fast speed, usually a razor-sharp edge is the result.
Here’s a great video explaining the things you should consider when buying any miter saw!
When it comes to miter saw prices, anything between $250 and $350 is probably a quality item worth purchasing.
DeWalt miter saws, for example, are usually sub $300, and they’re some of the best on the market.
And if a budget miter is what you’re after, expect to pay between $150 and $200.
To recap, the DeWalt 10″ Miter Saw is the best 10-inch miter saw overall because it’s well-designed, made with best-in-class components, safe, easy-to-use, and precise every time it cuts.
Then there’s the Makita 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw, a miter saw that’s unbelievably versatile, accurate, and tough, mainly because it boasts a handful of useful features.
Last but certainly not least is the Genesis 15 Amp 10″ Miter Saw, the most capable and reliable 10-inch miter saw for hobbyists and DIYers on a budget.