I’ve owned the Makita 6.5 amp corded jigsaw for a few months now and have some strong opinions about this saw.
Power tools can be expensive, so it’s worth doing your research before committing!
In this Makita jigsaw review, I’ll go over the key specs and features, some of the things I liked and didn’t like, and ultimately how it compares to other jigsaws. Let’s dig in!
Quick Answer: This Makita jigsaw is a must have for any homeowner, woodworker, or DIYer who’s looking for a fairly priced power tool that features all of the power you could need. It’s a great tool with outstanding build quality that can cut through anything, making it the perfect choice if you’re in the market for a new saw.
Jump to Section
Makita Jigsaw Review
For reference, this review will cover the Makita JV0600K 6.5 amp corded jigsaw. I’ll also compare other Makita jigsaws in the sections below.
Power & Performance
I’ve been a massive fan of the Makita brand for years for one main reason – they manufacture some of the most powerful tools I’ve used. And this is still the case with this Makita jigsaw.
It’s powered by a 6.5 amp motor that gives it more than enough power to cut through any wood, metal, or plastic you put in front of it.
With this jigsaw, you can produce between 500 and 3,100 SPM of blade speed – which is a great range that works for any project.
It’s also easy to control thanks to the variable speed dial that you can easily adjust to your liking.
You’ll also get three orbital settings to adjust the cutting angle of your blade that reduces wear and tear.
This saw does a tremendous job of making accurate cuts through any material including wood, plastic, metal, and more.
And if you need to make bevel cuts, this saw can get the job done with its die cast aluminum base that can be adjusted up to 45 degrees in either direction.
Looking to cut shapes with a jigsaw? This tool is sleek enough to reach tight spaces and cut out shapes without a problem.
Ease of Use & Comfort
When it comes to comfort and ease of use, this Makita jigsaw certainly fits the bill.
It features a comfortable top handle ergonomic design with a rubberized grip that does a great job of reducing vibrations.
Additionally, this jigsaw is on the lighter side despite its heavy duty motor – so there’s less shoulder fatigue than other jigsaws I’ve used.
Changing blades is fast and easy with the tool less blade change feature.
While this saw doesn’t have a variable speed trigger like some of the cordless models, it’s still easy to use because of the dial.
Finally, it has a locking trigger that’s super convenient if you’re making longer cuts.
Another thing I love about Makita tools are their durability, and their jigsaw is no different.
The hard plastic casing feels extremely durable in your hands so you can expect it to last for years without running into any issues making it one of the best jigsaws you can buy.
- 3 orbital settings for better control
- Dust blower to keep your working area clean and clear
- Anti splinter insert
- Hard plastic carrying case included
- Easy tool less blade changes
Price & Warranty
As far as price is concerned, the Makita jigsaw is priced right in the middle of the pack when compared to other jigsaws. You can pick this jigsaw up for just over $100 – which isn’t bad considering the quality and power this jigsaw offers.
This Makita jigsaw comes with a 1-year warranty – which is pretty standard for most corded power tools. If you opt for the Makita cordless jigsaw, you’ll get a longer 3-year warranty, bit it comes with a higher price.
What I Liked:
- Powerful enough for any project
- Lighter than other jigsaws, which makes it more comfortable to use for extended periods
- Easy to control and maneuver with a variable speed dial
- Locking trigger reduces fatigue in your fingers
- 6.5 AMP motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety…
- Variable speed control dial (500-3,100 SPM) enables user to march the speed to the application
- Through-the-body dust port for use with a vacuum provides efficient dust management
What I Didn’t Like:
- Only three orbital settings
- No LED light (although this is a feature on the cordless models)
- Not quite as powerful as some 7 amp jigsaws
How Makita Jigsaws Stack Up
- Model JV0600K – 6.5 amp corded jigsaw
- Model XVJ03Z – 18v top handle cordless jigsaw featuring a brushless motor
- Model XVJ01Z – 18v barrel grip cordless jigsaw featuring a brushless motor
- Model XVJ03Z-R – 18v cordless jigsaw featuring a brushed motor
Makita has a wide assortment of both corded and cordless jigsaws that are among the best of the best. The offer both top handle and barrel grip jigsaws that are great tools that can cut through virtually any material.
It’s worth noting that their cordless tools come with an extended 3-year warranty as opposed to the single year warranty for their corded products.
If you’re looking for a corded jigsaw, this Makita jigsaw is one of the best corded jigsaws you can buy. It’s powerful, easy to control, and is surprisingly lightweight making it super comfortable.
If you’re in the market for a cordless jig saw, the Makita 18v lineup makes some of the best cordless jigsaws you can buy.
Looking for other jigsaw reviews? Check out these guides: